If you keep up with me on social media (follow my Instagram and Facebook to stay in the loop!), you know that I recently returned from an epic adventure to Phoenix, AZ and Joshua Tree National Park. I was so inspired by my time in the desert and took TONS of photos that I can't wait to share with you all. While it was easy to snap pictures of the gorgeous desert landscape, the hard part for me is coming up with fun and engaging captions to share them on Instagram. I've compiled 100 epic desert Instagram captions and quotes for anyone (like me) who needs a little inspiration—let's jump in!
Best Desert Instagram Captions
1. Once upon a time in the desert...
2. I left my heart in the desert.
3. Wandering where the wifi is weak.
4. Take me to the desert.
5. Soaking up the desert sun.
6. On a date with the desert.
7. Take only memories, leave only footprints.
8. Keep calm and take a trip to the desert.
9. Into the desert I go!
10. Cacti, sunshine, and desert sky.
Best Desert Instagram Quotes
11. "When you escape to a desert, the silence shouts in your ear." -Graham Greene
12. "Desert, in general, is a very good place to find yourself. Or lose yourself." -Maynard James Keenan
13. "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
14. "The desert tells a different story every time one ventures into it." -Robert Edison Fulton Jr.
15. "The desert is a natural extension of the inner silence of the body." -Jean Baudrillard
16. "This is the sense of the desert hills, that there is room enough and time enough." -Mary Hunter Austin
17. "Nothing is all bad. There are very beautiful flowers in the desert amidst the spikes and thorns." -Kate McGahan
18. "What draws us into the desert is the search for something intimate in the remote." -Edward Abbey
19. "Everything that ever happened to me that was important happened in the desert." -Michael Ondaatje
20. "The desert is so vast that no one can know it all. Men go out into the desert, and they are like ships at sea; no one knows when they will return." -Jean-Marie Gustave Le Clezio
Short Desert Captions for Instagram
21. Dreaming of the desert.
22. Wanderlust and desert dust.
23. Desert magic.
24. Lost in the desert.
25. Desert vibes.
26. Living the desert life.
27. Tumbleweeds and desert dreams.
28. Desert air and sandy hair.
29. The desert holds endless possibilities.
30. Surrounded by the desert.
Short Desert Quotes for Instagram
31. "A desert is a place without expectation." -Nadine Gordimer
32. "Find me where the wild things are." -Alessia Cara
33. "I love the desert and its incomparable sense of space." -Robyn Davidson
34. "The magic of the desert is hard to define." -Henno Martin
35. "A rose in the desert can only survive on its strength, not its beauty." -Matshona Dhliwayo
36. "A forest is a mystery, but the desert is truth." -Keith Miller
37. "It's much easier to create a desert than a forest." -James Lovelock
38. "Like water in the desert is wisdom to the soul." -Edward Counsel
39. "I dream of rain, I dream of gardens in the desert sand." -Sting
40. "If you spend enough time in the desert, you will hear it speak." -Nnedi Okorafo
Funny Desert Puns and Instagram Captions
41. Who needs therapy when you can go to the desert?
42. Girls just wanna have sun.
43. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the desert!
44. Desert hair, don't care.
45. The desert is so beautiful, l lost my terrain of thought.
46. Pretty fly for a cacti!
47. Are we dune yet?
48. It feels good to be lost in the right direction.
49. Ok, Mother Nature, you didn't have to flex that hard!
50. Having a fan-cactus day.
Inspiring Desert Instagram Captions and Quotes
51. "If a flower can flourish in the desert, you can flourish anywhere." -Matshona Dhliwayo
52. Always take the scenic route.
53. "You can't fight the desert. You have to ride with it." -Louis L'Amour
54. Headed into the desert to lose my mind and find my soul.
55. "Wherever you go, go with all your heart." -Confucius
56. The desert is good for the soul.
57. The desert is a place for growth.
58. "In the desert, in the pure clean atmosphere, in the silence - there you can find yourself." -Father Dioscuros
59. Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are through the desert.
60. Go where you feel the most alive.
Romantic Desert Instagram Captions for Couples
61. I'll never desert you.
62. "I knew I was a grain of sand in the vast desert that never ended and he was a sparkling star in the sky." -Aleena Yasin
63. Desert hearts.
64. If you were a cactus, I'd endure all the pain just to hug you!
65. There's no one I'd rather get lost with.
66. Dreaming of exploring the desert with you.
67. She was the desert, and he was a single drop of water.
68. "A day without you is like a year without rain." -Selena Gomez
69. You're as cute as a cactus.
70. How does a cactus propose? He says, "I don't want to be a cactI anymore, I want to be a cactUS!"
Fun Desert Instagram Captions and Quotes for Friends
71. Heading out on a desert adventure.
72. Wind in our hair, and sand in our shoes.
73. Pack your bags - we're going on an adventure!
74. Into the dunes.
75. Exploring new places and finding new adventures.
76. My adventure crew.
77. Creating our own desert oasis.
78. We're getting lost in desert dust.
79. Just a couple of desert roses in a world of cacti.
80. Discovering magic in the desert.
Sunrise and Sunset Desert Instagram Captions
81. Another day, another desert sunrise.
82. Relationship status: in love with desert sunsets.
83. I've never met a desert sunset I didn't like.
84. My favorite color is sunset.
85. Nothing beats a desert sunrise.
86. Waking up with the sun.
87. Sunsets in the desert are something else.
88. A sunrise is a small moment of magic.
89. Always start your day with a sunnrise.
90. The sun is setting on another day in the desert.
One-Word Desert Captions for Instagram
Need more Instagram caption ideas? Check out my guide to the 90 Best Travel Instagram Captions and Quotes!
Jessi is a lifestyle documentary photographer based in southern Alabama, serving the Gulf Coast from Mobile, AL to Pensacola, FL, along with the Nashville, Chattanooga, and Atlanta areas. She specializes in couple, wedding, maternity, newborn and family photography, and also enjoys commercial and creative portraiture. Available for travel worldwide. Find out more at www.casaraphoto.com.